Tuesday, December 27, 2011
woyww- bees wax mess
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have cleared the table and are creating again.
My final woyww for 2011 and what a mess that turned out. Quite fitting to end the year with bits of wax all over the place in various degrees celsius of melting. The above pic is slightly modified as I had to clean up before I could take a pic. Why? ....because wax was everywhere, camera, desk, scissors, mat and all over the ATC with certain bits unfurling rather than sticking to the wax.
Lessons learnt: (Positive reframe in brackets)
1. Be prepared and have a skewer ready on the desk. (Skewer the curling bits when you hit the wax with a heat gun and you feel less frustrated.)
2. Read all the instructions before you start. (this should be lesson 1. now you can see why I got in a pickle)
3. Heat gun may not be the best implement to heat wax. (Does tend to blow wax and other bits all over the place hence the mess)
4. Bristle brushes will burn when close to the heat gun. (Little bits of burnt bristle give an interesting effect.)
5. Going back to heat/smooth out a lump of wax can melt everything and you start all over again. Yep, that was in the instructions!! (Leave well enough alone.)
But .... I have to admit I am pleased with the finished ATC's. Just not 100% convinced I will do this again very soon.